When people talk, listen completely.- Ernest Hemingway
Public speaking can be complicated even if your search is already prepared and you know everything about it. Many people are incredibly nervous when they speak in public. Here are some tips for overcoming nervousness when speaking in front of many people.
Preparing your presentation
1. Center on yourself. Try practicing standing correctly with your feet under the hips directly. This position is the best and most stable for speaking in public. Rehearse this position with somebody or in front of your mirror.
2. Your shoulders should be relaxed. The muscles in the shoulders directly support your larynx, so it at once affects your voice. Shoulders should be rolled out.
3. Warming up the voice. You should treat all your presentations as if they were performances. Prepare yourself by rehearsing. Deeply breathe into the bottom part of the lungs. You feel your rib cage is expanding slightly higher than the navel. You should sigh. Sighing signals to the body that everything is okay, and it is simply perfect for relaxing. Then make a siren sound, starting from a high note to a lower one at the bottom of your voice range. With enough practice, you will be able to find the standard message connecting to the place found right above the navel. This is the natural voice pitch that you have.
Managing meeting skills
1. Direct your voice. Every time you speak, imagine that each word you say is like a beam of laser traveling from your mouth to the end person listening to you. Practice this outlook to be able to reach many people at the same time.
2. Direct your thoughts. Please pay attention to your ideas, especially their beginnings and endings. Make your communication complete and fully rounded.
3. Diction as well as articulation. Convey your message.
1. Give yourself time and space to breathe.
2. Before answering, slightly breathe out first. When flustered or nervous, you usually take in more air than you need and hold onto that air while trying to think. However, this is not helping you. Usually, this method causes you to panic. Remove this habit by breathing air first before you speak, allowing you to relax and thoughts to come in clearly and more logically.